My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- In Windows, make sure the Artisan 810 Series is selected as your printer. For Macintosh, make sure the Artisan 810 Series is selected in the Page Setup and Print windows.
- If you're using a USB connection, check the following:
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded “AB” cable not more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with the all-in-one, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn off the all-in-one, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
- Try using a different USB cable.
- If you're using a wired (Ethernet) connection, turn off the all-in-one, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on and then try printing again.
- If you're using a USB connection you may need to uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software.
Published: Aug 18, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!