The printout is grainy. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the printable side of the paper is face-down. It's usually brighter or whiter.
- Select a higher Quality Option or Print Quality (be sure not to select Fast Economy or Economy), and turn off High Speed mode in the Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5, or Macintosh OS X 10.3 to 10.4 printer software.
- Move the slider to Quality or select Best Photo for Quality Type (Windows) or Print Quality (Macintosh OS X 10.5 or Macintosh OS X 10.3 to 10.4)
- Print a nozzle check pattern. If there are gaps in the nozzle check pattern, align the print head.
- You may need to increase the image resolution or print in a smaller size; see your software documentation.
Published: Aug 18, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!