I can't install the software. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If you're installing the all-in-one on a network, follow the instructions in the printed Network Installation Guide that came with the printer.
- If you are using a USB cable, make sure the all-in-one is turned on and the USB cable is securely connected at both ends. If you still have problems, disconnect the USB cable and carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
Note: You must connect the all-in-one to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver is installed correctly on your computer.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers, virus protectors, and firewall software) are closed before you install the software. If any applications were open, uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software for a USB or Network (wireless or wired) connection.
- In Windows, make sure the Artisan 810 Series is selected as the default printer and that the correct port is shown in the printer properties.
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- If you installed the all-in-one using a USB cable, make sure the USB Controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer. If you are using a USB hub, try connecting directly to your computer.
- Uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software for a USB or Network (wireless or wired) connection.
Published: Oct 29, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!