Printing is slow. What should I do?
It takes a few moments for PictureMate to process your images before printing them. If it is in a hot or sunny location, move it to a cooler place and try printing again. If you are printing from a computer, make sure your system meets the System Requirements.
If you're printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close open programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory (RAM).
Photos with borders print faster than borderless photos. Also, when you print directly from PictureMate, JPEG photo files print faster than TIFF files. For faster printing, try the following:
- Don't print more than 40 pictures at a time.
- Turn off special features such as color effects and red-eye reduction.
- Before you print from your computer, select No Correction (instead of Auto Correction) in your print settings.
- If PictureMate is connected to a USB hub, disconnect any USB devices that you're not using.
Published: Nov 5, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!