I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the paper cassette. Fan it, stack and align the edges, and reload it. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guides. Make sure the output tray extensions are fully extended.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the paper cassette, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Start button to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Make sure you load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
Paper type Load up to
this many sheets
Plain paper - letter size Approx. 150 Epson Bright White Paper 120 Epson Presentation Paper Matte 80 Plain paper - legal size 30 Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
20 Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer paper
- If the paper jams, see Paper Problems for more information.
Published: Aug 30, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!