My printout has incorrect margins. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the paper settings (e.g., Paper Size, Orientation, Border option, etc.) in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, or Mac OS X 10.4 printer driver are correct for the paper size you're using.
- Make sure the margin settings in the program you're printing from are set correctly.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, or Mac OS X 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load Paper.
- If you're printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in the web browser to view the changes.
Published: May 6, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!