I see the message Printer is Offline when I try to print with a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection on my Mac. What should I do?
The problem can be caused by your printer, computer, or wireless network. Do the following:
- To determine if the printer can print without a computer, print a nozzle check pattern from the product's control panel.
- If you can print, go to the next step.
- If you can't print a nozzle check pattern, check the product for messages and clear the error displayed on the product's LCD screen, then try printing a nozzle check pattern again. If you still can't print, contact Epson support.
- Open the menu and select System Preferences > Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Double-click your product to open the print queue. Select the pending print job(s) in the list, click Delete, then try printing.
- If you can print now, you are done. You don't need to continue with the steps below.
- If you can't print, go to the next step.
- Open the menu and select System Preferences > Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Select your printer, then click - to remove the printer. Click +, select your printer and click Add to add the printer back on the printer queue, then try printing.
- If you can print now, you're done. You don't need to continue with the steps below.
- If you still can't print, check the Wi-Fi light on the product's control panel then do one of the following:
- If the Wi-Fi light is on, follow the instructions in the Initialize your Router and Restart your Computer section below.
- If the Wi-Fi light is off, follow the instructions in the Reinstall the Product Software section below.
Initialize your Router and Restart your Computer
- Unplug your router's power cord from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. Then try to print. (You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.)
- If you can print, you're done. The problem was resolved by initializing your router.
If you still can't print, try restarting your computer, then try printing again. If these steps do not resolve your problem, contact Epson support.
Reinstall the Product Software
Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and network password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- On the product's control panel, press the Menu button, select Restore Default Settings, and press OK. Press or to select Reset Network Settings, and press OK again. Press 1 to confirm your selection. On your Mac, select the menu and select System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security. Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall.
- Unplug the power cord of your router from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab for your product. Make a note of the file name and its location so you can retrieve it.
- Open the file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, click Next, then follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
Note: We recommend using a temporary USB cable connection (cable not included) to simplify wireless setup. If you don't have the cable, select Select settings using printer buttons to set up your printer.
For detailed installation instructions, see the Wireless Network Setup section of the Quick Guide for your product.
After you complete the Wi-Fi setup, remember to enable your firewall settings. If these troubleshooting instructions did not solve the problem, please contact Epson support.