How do I set default print settings when I print from Windows or my Mac?
When you change your print settings from within a program, the changes apply only while you're printing at that time in the open program. If you want to select different settings to use in all your programs, you can change the default print settings. Follow the steps below for your operating system to change the default print settings.
- Right-click the printer icon in the bottom right corner of your screen (the taskbar).
- Select Printer Settings. You see the printer settings window:
- Select the print settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs.
- Open a document and select Print from the File menu.
- Select the print settings you want to to save.
- Click the Presets pop-up menu and do one of the following:
- Select Last Used Settings.
- Select Save As, enter a name for your preset, and click OK.
Published: Dec 1, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!