I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
Follow the steps below to make sure the cartridge(s) are correctly installed.
We recommend that you use genuine Epson cartridges and do not refill them. The use of other products may affect your print quality and could result in product damage.
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see a message on the product's display screen to install or replace an ink cartridge, press Start.
- Otherwise, press the Setup button. Press or to select Ink Cartridge Replacement, then press Start.
- Open the scanner, then open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press down each ink cartridge until it clicks into place. (If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
Before you installed the new cartridge, you should have removed the yellow tape from the bottom. If you know you removed it, skip to the next step. If you're not sure, you can pull out the cartridge to check. (Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift it straight up.) Remove the tape if necessary, then reinstall the cartridge, pressing it down firmly.
It's best not to remove a cartridge unless necessary. Note that if you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use that cartridge again.
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Close the cartridge cover, then close the scanner to begin priming the ink.
Wait until priming finishes, or it may prime improperly and use excess ink the next time you turn it on.
Published: Mar 24, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!