I cannot scan from my computer with Epson Scan. What should I do?
Try the following:
- If the all-in-one is connected to a USB hub, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub (the hub closest to the host computer) when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
- Make sure the all-in-one is turned on and securely connected to your computer or USB hub or try connecting the all-in-one directly to your computer.
- The scanner may not work properly when your computer is in standby mode (Windows) or sleep mode (Mac OS X). Restart Epson Scan and try scanning again.
- The scanner may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan.
- Make sure that Epson Scan is selected in your scanning program.
- The scanner software will not work if any of the printer's ink cartridges are out of ink and the ink light flashes. Check which cartridge is expended and replace it.
Published: Mar 25, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!