I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions below for your type of paper feed problem.
Note: If nothing prints, blank pages feed or pages with incorrect characters print after you've cleared a paper jam, cancel any pending print jobs from your computer.
Paper Does Not Feed Correctly
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the paper cassette. Fan the stack and reload it. Make sure the paper is not above the tabs on the edge guides.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the tray, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure you adjust the edge guide to match the length of the paper. Check that the paper is flush against it before you insert the cassette.
- Load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side down.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- If the paper is wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure the paper Type or Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded.
If paper jams when printing, follow the steps on the LCD screen to clear the jam. For help removing a paper jam, see the solution below for your problem:
Published: Aug 18, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!