My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- If you're using a USB connection, check the following:
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded “AB” cable not more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with the product, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn off the product, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
- If you're using a USB connection you may need to uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh).
Published: Aug 20, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!