How do I set default print settings when I print from Windows or my Mac?
When you change your print settings from within a program, the changes apply only while you're printing at that time in the open program. If you want to select different settings to use in all your programs, you can change the default print settings. Follow the steps below for your operating system to change the default print settings.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Right-click the printer icon in the task bar (bottom-right corner of your screen), and select Printer Settings.
- Select the settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
Macintosh 10.5 and 10.6
- Open a document and select Print from the File menu.
- Select the print settings you want to to save.
- Click the Presets pop-up menu and do one of the following:
- Select Last Used Settings.
- Select Save As, enter a name for your preset, and click OK.
- Click Print.
Published: Sep 3, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!