My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
Try the following solutions:
- Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded faceup in the cassette (the printable side should be facedown).
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first. Adjust the Print Density and/or Ink Drying Time settings.
- Clean the print head.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path. Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Advanced Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.4
Cleaning the Paper Path
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Windows
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Published: Aug 23, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!