My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded facedown in the sheet feeder (the printable side should be faceup).
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first.
- Clean the print head.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path.
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Advanced Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Printing Preferences - Macintosh OS X 10.5 and 10.6
Selecting Basic Printing Preferences - Macintosh OS X 10.4
Selecting Printing Preferences - Macintosh OS X 10.5 and 10.6
Selecting Printing Preferences - Macintosh OS X 10.4
Cleaning the Paper Path
Published: Sep 21, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!