I see the message Printer is Offline when I try to print with a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection on my Mac. What should I do?
The problem can be caused by your printer, computer, or wireless network. Do the following:
- To determine if the printer can print without a computer, print a nozzle pattern from the product's control panel.
- If you can print, go to the next step.
- If you can't print a nozzle pattern, check the product light status and clear the error displayed on the product's LCD screen, then try printing a nozzle check pattern again. If you still can't print, contact Epson support.
- If you can print now, you are done. You don't need to continue with the steps below.
- If you can't print, go to the next step.
- If you can print now, you're done. You don't need to continue with the steps below.
- If you still can't print, check the Wi-Fi light on the product's control panel then do one of the following:
- If the Wi-Fi light is on, follow the instructions in the Initialize your Router and Restart your Computer section below.
- If the Wi-Fi light is off, follow the instructions in the Reinstall the Product Software section below.
Initialize your Router and Restart your Computer
- Unplug your router's power cord from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. Then try to print. (You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.)
- If you can print, you're done. The problem was resolved by initializing your router.
If you still can't print, try restarting your computer, then try printing again. If these steps do not resolve your problem, contact Epson support.
Reinstall the Product Software
Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) andnetwork password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them,contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- On your Mac, select the menu and select System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security. Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall.
- Initialize your router and set up your product with a Wi-Fi connection.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.