My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use EPSON papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine EPSON inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path. Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Available EPSON Papers
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Cleaning the Paper Path
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Windows
Published: Mar 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!