My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. Do the following:
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Disconnect the power cable and any connected interface cables.
- Remove all paper from the rear MP tray.
- Open the document cover.
- Carefully clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover and use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
- Close the ADF cover.
- Reattach the power cable and other cables you disconnected before cleaning the product.