I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions below for your type of paper feed problem.
Paper Feeding Problems
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Note: PCL and PostSript (PS3) printer software support plain paper and envelope printing.
- If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing using the product control panel, then press the button to eject the paper. Remove any paper remaining in the product. Select the correct size when you reprint.
- If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint.
Published: Mar 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!