How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
Try these solutions:
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility to free up existing space.
- If you are using Windows 7, close the Devices and Printers window before you print.
- Close programs that you're not using when you print.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If printing becomes slower after printing continuously for a long time, the product may have automatically slowed down to protect the print mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the product rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try printing again.
For the fastest printing, select the following settings in your product software:
- Turn on any high speed settings in your product software.
- Select a lower print quality setting.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
- Use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- If a high quality image is not needed, select Plain paper and Economy on the Main tab.
- Windows: Click the Maintenance tab, select Speed & Progress or Extended Settings, and select the following settings:
- High Speed Copies
- Always spool RAW datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Product Icon Does Not Appear in Windows Taskbar
Paper or Media Type Settings
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Standard EPSON Printer Software - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Standard EPSON Printer Software - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Published: Mar 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!