How do I change the Power Off Timer setting in Windows?
You can use the printer software to change the time period before the printer turns off automatically.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer name and select Printer Properties.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel. Click Printer under Hardware and Sound, then right-click your printer name and select Properties.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Printers and Faxes. (Or open the Control Panel, select Printers and Other Hardware if necessary, and select Printers and Faxes.) Right-click your product name and select Properties.
- Click the Optional Settings tab, then click Printer Settings. You see the Printer Settings window:
- Select the time period you want as the Power Off Timer setting.
- Click Apply.
- When you see the confirmation message, click Yes, then close the Printer Settings window.
Published: Apr 2, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!