My printout is grainy when I print from any application. What should I do?
Try the following solutions:
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper facedown in the cassette.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper faceup in the rear MP tray.
- Select a higher print quality setting and turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- You may need to increase the image resolution or print in a smaller size; see your software documentation.
- Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged.
- Clean the print head.
- Align the print head.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Align the Print Head
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Published: Sep 9, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!