My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Clean the print head.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper facedown in the cassette or faceup in the rear MP tray.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
- Your product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions. Related references
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Select Basic Print Settings - Windows
Paper or Media Type Settings for loaded paper/Media
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Replacing Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Boxes
Managing Color - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Managing Color - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Custom Color Correction Options - Windows
Additional Settings Options - Windows
Published: Aug 29, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!