How do I uninstall the Epson printer and Epson Scan software in Windows or OS X?
Follow the instructions below for your operating system.
- Turn off the product.
- If the product is connected with a USB or Ethernet cable, disconnect it from the product.
- Click Start or , and select All Programs or Programs.
- Select EPSON, select your product, then select EPSON Printer Software Uninstall.
If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
- Select your product and click OK. The follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Windows Control Panel utility.
- In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, select Programs and Features. If you're using Classic view, select Programs, then click unistall a program. In Windows XP, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Epson Event Manager in the list of currently installed programs and click Unistall/Change (Windows 7 or Windows Vista) or Change/Remove (WindowsXP). Click Yes or Continue if necessary.
- Click Epson Scan in the list of currently installed programs and click Unistall/Change (Windows 7 and Windows Vista) or Change/Remove (Windows XP). Click Yes or Continue if necessary.
- Click Next. In some cases, a message may appear to prompt you to restart the computer. If so, make sure Yes, I want to restart my computer now is selected and click Finish.
In most cases, you do not need to uninstall your product software before reinstalling it. However, you can download the Uninstall Center utility from the Epson support website to uninstall your product software as described here.
- Download the Uninstall Center utility.
- Extract the contents of the zip file you downloaded onto your hard drive.
- Quit all applications currently running on your Mac.
- Open the Applications > Epson software folder.
- Double-click the Uninstall Center icon.
- Select the checkbox for each software program you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
Published: Oct 27, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!