I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the sheet feeder against the right side and beneath the tab. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
If you have problems with paper jams, follow these steps:
- Cancel the print job from your computer, if necessary.
- Gently pull out any jammed paper from the sheet feeder.
- Press the paper/cancel button to resume printing. If the product lights still show an error, continue with the next step.
- Press the power button to turn the product off.
- Open the printer cover.
- Remove any jammed paper, including torn pieces.
- Close the printer cover and press the power button to turn the product back on.
- Carefully follow all paper loading instructions when you load new paper.
If you have problems with paper ejecting properly, try these solutions:
- If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint.
Cancelling Printing Using a Product Button
Paper or Media Type Settings
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: Apr 4, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!