My images and text are not centered when I copy or print on a CD or DVD. What should I do?
If your printed images and text are not centered or positioned the way you want on your CD or DVD, you may need to adjust the printing position. Try the following:
- Place an extra ink-jet printable CD or DVD on the CD/DVD tray and insert it into the printer.
- Start EPSON Print CD.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
- Make sure the EPSON Artisan 1430 Series is selected, then select Print Position Confirmation Pattern.
- Click Print. The confirmation pattern is printed on the CD or DVD.
- Remove the CD or DVD and measure the distance from the edge of the hole to the small cross marks labeled Top and Right. You'll need a metric ruler with millimeters for accurate measurements.
- Open the File menu, select Print, then select Adjust Print Position. You see a screen like this:
- Select Enter Values, then input the Top distance (from you measurement) in the Height (Top) box. Enter the Right distance (from your measurement) in the Width (Right) box.
- Click OK to save the measurements.
- Open your file in EPSON Print CD and select Print from the File menu. You see this screen:
- Select Print Position Check Pattern.
- Click Print.
- Remove the disc after printing.
- Using a metric ruler, measure the distance from the hole to the cross marks labeled Top and Right. NOTE: Be sure to measure from the edge of the hole and not from the edge of the printable area.
- Select Print from the File menu.
- Select Position Adjustment. You see this screen:
- Click Value Entry, then select the distance for Top into the Top Space box and the distance for Right in the Right Space box.
- Click OK.
Published: Apr 4, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!