My printout has incorrect or missing colors. What should I do?
The problem could be due to a software setting, the product's condition, or the paper you're using. Check the following:
- If you're printing in color, make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the color management options in your printer software.
- For best results, use genuine EPSON ink and paper.
Print Head Cleaning
Available EPSON Papers
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Managing Color - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Managing Color - Mac OS X 10.4
Replacing Ink Cartridges
Published: Mar 1, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!