Printing is slow or my product stops printing when I try to print from Windows or OS X. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Select a lower quality setting in the printer software.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- If you're using Windows 7, close the Devices and Printer window before you print.
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using when you print.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If printing becomes slower after printing continuously for a long time, the product may have automatically slowed down to protect the print mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the product rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try printing again.
Published: Mar 1, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!