How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
Try these solutions:
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility to free up existing space.
- Close programs that you're not using when you print.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If printing becomes slower after printing continuously for a long time, the product may have automatically slowed down to protect the print mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the product rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try printing again.
For the fastest printing, select the following settings in your product software:
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Turn on any high speed settings in your product software.
- Select a lower print quality setting.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is not selected.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
- Use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Windows: Click the Maintenance tab, select Speed & Progress, and select the following settings:
- High Speed Copies
- Always spool RAW datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
No Printer Icon Appears in Windows Taskbar
Published: Nov 11, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!