My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure you selected the correct product in the application you're printing from.
- If the product is connected to a computer or network with a USB or Ethernet cable, check the following:
- Make sure the cable meets the requirements.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub, connect the product directly to your computer.
- Turn off the product, check that the USB or Ethernet cable is securely connected, turn the product back on, then try printing again.
- Try using a different cable.
- If you're using a USB connection, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall the printer software.
Borderless Paper Type Compatibility
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Page Setup Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Page Setup Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Published: Oct 25, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!