My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the paper Type or Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded.
- Align the print head.
- Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper facedown in the cassette.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Your product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Paper or Media Type Settings
Selecting Advanced Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.4
Replacing Ink Cartridges
Published: Oct 17, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!