How do I use an answering machine with my fax?
Do the following:
- Make sure that your answering machine is connected to the EXT port on the Epson fax machine.
- Set the number of rings on the answering machine.
- Set the number of rings on the fax machine to a number greater than the answering machine (for example, if answering machine is set to 4, the fax must be set for 5 or more).
- Ensure that the answering machine is set to answer and the fax machine is set to Auto Answer.
- When the answering machine picks up a fax call, the fax machine listens on the line and if it detects the fax tones, it takes over the call and disconnects the answering machine.
Published: Feb 9, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!