I see the message Scanner Not Ready or Epson Scan will not start in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
Do the following:
- Make sure your product is turned on and securely connected to your computer or USB hub.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub (the hub closest to the computer) that has its own A/C adapter when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
- Try restarting your computer.
- If your using a Mac, Epson Scan and a Network (Wi-Fi
or Ethernet) connection, see the instructions below:
- Make sure the product is turned on.
Utilities, then double-click
EPSON Scan Settings.
- Make sure the correct scanner is selected.
- Make sure the
Connection setting is set to
Network and your scanner appears under Network Scanner Address
with the correct IP address. If these settings are correct, skip the remaining
steps. If the IP address for your product does not appear, go to the next step.
Note: If you don't know your product's IP address, you can print a network status sheet. The IP address will appear on the status sheet.
- Select the IP address that appears in the list. If more than one IP address appears, be sure to select the one that matches your product's IP address.
- If you have a firewall or Internet security software installed, the search feature may not work correctly. In this case, click Enter address, and enter the IP address manually.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Epson Scan settings window.
Published: Sep 20, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!