I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions for your problem type below.
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the sheet feeder against the right side and beneath the tab. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the sheet feeder printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Feeding Problems
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
Published: Apr 17, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!