How do I set my product's software to print only in Black or Grayscale from Windows or my Mac?
Open a document, then follow the steps below for your operating system to select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale in the printer driver.
Note: To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale, some color ink is still being used. Black/Grayscale or Grayscale is not recommended for printing black-and-white photos.
Note: If your product displays a message instructing you to replace an expended ink cartridge, you will need to replace the cartridge before you can print.Windows
- Open the File menu or click and select Print.
- Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
Click Properties or Preferences.
If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select Black/Grayscale under Print Options.
- Click OK.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
Click the or Show Details button to expand the Print window, if necessary.
- Select Print Settings from the printer options pop-up menu.
- Select Grayscale for the Color setting.