Can I scan from my product's control panel to my computer over a network connection?
Yes. See Starting a Scan Using the Product Control Panel for instructions.
You can select from these scan options:
- Scan to Memory Card saves your scan file on a memory card and lets you select the file format, quality, and other settings.
- Scan to PC saves your scan as a JPEG file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- Scan to PC (WSD) lets you manage wireless scanning in Windows 7 or Windows Vista (English only).
Published: Jul 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!