How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship
your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as
During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Turn off the product.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the rear paper feed slot and output tray.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Keep the product level during transportation. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning
Published: Mar 13, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!