How do I use the touch panel to scan?
You can scan an image to your computer using your product's touch panel.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the home button, if necessary
- Select Scan. The scan options are displayed:
- Select a scan option.
- Scan to Memory Card saves your scan file on a memory card and lets you select the file format, quality, and other settings.
- Scan to Cloud sends your scanned files to a destination that you have registered with Epson Connect.
- Scan to PC saves your scan as a JPEG file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- Scan to PC (WSD) lets you manage network scanning in Windows 7 or Windows Vista (English only). To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services for Devices) on the computer.
- To scan to your computer, you first need to select how you connected your product to your computer:
- If your productis connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, select USB Connection to start scanning.
- If your productis connected to your computer over a network, select the computer name from the list to start scanning.
Published: Mar 13, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!