How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
Loading Envelopes in the CassetteYou can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1נ9.5 inches [105נ241mm]). You can load No. 10 size envelopes in Cassette 1 only.
- Close the paper stopper and output tray, if necessary.
- Pull out the paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guides outward.
- Load envelopes printable side down and flap edge right as shown.
- Slide the edge guides against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
Note: Make sure the envelopes are loaded against the edge guide and not sticking out from the end of the cassette.
To prevent paper feeding problems, make sure you do not load too many envelopes in the cassette.
- Gently insert the paper cassette.
Note: The envelopes may slide forward slightly as you insert the cassette. This is normal.
- Extend the output tray and open the paper stopper.
Always follow these paper loading guidelines:
- If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- If print quality declines when printing multiple envelopes, try loading one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin.
Paper Loading Capacity