How do I install the latest scanner driver on my Mac?
Do the following:
- Make sure your product is on and connected to your Mac.
- Select the
Software Update. Follow the on-screen instructions to install
any updates available for your product.
Note: Software Update may find multiple updates for your system; you may choose to install all or some of the updates by clicking Show Details.
- Select the
System Preferences > either
Print & Scan or
Print & Fax.
Your product should appear in the Printers list. If your product is not listed, click the + (Add) icon and select your product.
- Close the Print & Scan or Print & Fax window.
Note: The steps above will set up Apple's Image Capture software your product. However, you can also install Epson Scan. Epson Scan provides additional image adjustment and photo correction features for enhancing scanned images, and provides an interface for TWAIN-compliant OCR scanning software.
To install Epson Scan, do the following:
- Go to the Downloads tab for your product.
- Expand the Drivers section.
- Select Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility.
- Click Download Now and follow the on-screen instructions to install Epson Scan.
Published: Jul 8, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!