How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
Loading Envelopes in the CassetteYou can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1 ×9.5 inches[105 ×241mm]). If your product has two paper cassettes, you can load No. 10 size envelopes in Cassette 1 only.
- Close the paper stopper and output tray, if necessary.
- Pull out the paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guides outward.
- Load envelopes printable side down and flap edge right as shown.
- Slide the edge guides against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
Note: Make sure the envelopes are loaded against the edge guide and not sticking out from the end of the cassette.
Caution: To prevent paper feeding problems, make sure you do not load too many envelopes in the cassette.
- Gently insert the paper cassette.
Note: The envelopes may slide forward slightly as you insert the cassette. This is normal.
- Extend the output tray and open the paper stopper.
Always follow these paper loading guidelines:
- If you have troubleloading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- If print quality declines when printing multiple envelopes, try loading one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin.
Paper Loading Capacity