I tried to install my product with a wireless connection on my Mac, but the installation failed. What should I do?
You'll need to set up your software and product again. Do the following:
Reset your Product's Network Settings
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Restore Default Settings and press the OK button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi/Network Setting and press the OK button. You see a confirmation screen.
- Select Yes and press the OK button. (Select No and press the OK button if you want to cancel the operation.)
- Go to the next section. (If you are unable to complete this step, Epson.)
Disable the Firewall
- Select the menu > System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security.
- Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Go to the next section.
Set up your Product
Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and network password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- Unplug the power cord of your router from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab for your product. Make a note of the file name and its location so you can retrieve it.
- Open the file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, click Continue, then follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
Note: We recommend using a temporary USB cable connection (cable not included) to simplify wireless setup. If you're using Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8, or you don't have a USB cable, select Using printer buttons to set up your printer.
After you complete the Wi-Fi setup, remember to enable your firewall settings. If these troubleshooting instructions did not solve the problem, please contact Epson support.