When printing in Windows, how can I prevent an extra page from being ejected after every print job?
The Separator Page function may be enabled. Follow these steps to
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 8: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Windows 7: Click , and select Devices and Printers.
- Windows Vista: Click , and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers.
- Windows XP: Click Start, and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your printer icon, and then select Printer Properties (Windows 7) or Properties (Windows Vista or Windows XP).
- Click the Maintenance tab, select Extended Settings. Make sure the box for Separator Page is not selected.
- Click OK as necessary to save your settings.
If the steps above do not help, use the preview option in your software to check if there is a blank page within your document. If there is, delete the blank page.
Published: Sep 18, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!