How should I load envelopes?
You can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1 x 9.5 inches [105 x 241 mm).
Do the following:
- Flip the feeder guard forward.
- Raise the paper support and its extension, pull out the output tray, then raise the paper stopper.
- Slide the edge guide to the left.
- Load up to 10 envelopes against the right side. Load them printable side up and flap edge left.
- Slide the edge guide against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
- Flip the feeder guard back.
- If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin, or that have plastic windows.
Published: Feb 1, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!