I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions for your problem type below.Paper Feeding Problems:
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the sheet feeder against the right side and beneath the tab. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the sheet feeder printable side up.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
If you have problems with paper jams, try these solutions:
- Cancel the print job from your computer, if necessary.
- Gently pull out any jammed paper from the output tray and sheet feeder.
- Lift up the scanner unit.
Caution: Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
Caution: Do not lift up the scanner unit when the document cover is open.
- Remove any jammed paper or torn pieces.
Caution: Do not touch any buttons on the control panel while your hands are inside the product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Press the OK button to resume printing.
- Carefully follow all paper loading instructions when you load new paper.
If you have problems with paper ejecting properly, try these solutions:
- If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint.
Cancelling Printing Using a Product Button