How do I use the control panel buttons to automatically scan a photo or document and attach the scanned image to an email?
- You can scan an image or document and attached it to an email using your product's control panel buttons.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer.
- Press the Scan button. The scan options are displayed.
- Press the up or down buttons to select Scan to PC (Email) and press OK.
- Select how your product is connected to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer via USB cable, press the up or down arrow buttons to select USB Connection and press the OK button to begin scanning.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, press the up or down arrow buttons to select the computer name from the list and press the OK button to begin scanning.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
Published: Feb 1, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!