Can I scan from my product's control panel to my computer over a network connection?
Yes. You can scan your original and save it as an image on your computer, attach it to an e-mail, or save it as a PDF file over a network or USB connection.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the Scan button. The scan options are displayed:
- Press the up or down arrow buttons to select a scan option and press the OK button.
- Scan to PC saves your scan as a JPEG file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- Scan to PC (WSD) lets you manage network scanning in Windows 7 or Windows Vista (English only).
Note: To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services for Devices) on the computer you want to scan to.
- To scan to your computer, you first need to select how you connected your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, press the up or down arrow buttons to select USB Connection and press the OK button to begin scanning.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, press the up or down arrow buttons to select the computer name from the list and press the OK button to begin scanning.
Published: Feb 1, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!