I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
If you cannot send or receive faxes, try these solutions:
- Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
- Make sure Auto Answer mode is turned on to receive faxes automatically. Check your product control panel to see if this mode is turned on.
- Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
- Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
- Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
- If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- Try lowering your product's fax speed setting.
- Make sure the error correction mode setting is turned on if you are trying to send or receive a color fax.
Note: If your product is connected to a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone line, keep in mind that fax machines are designed to work over analog phone lines. Epson cannot guarantee that fax transmission will work when using VoIP.
If your phone line includes voicemail answering services, calls or faxes may be inadvertently received by your voicemail service.Related tasks
Connecting a Telephone or Answering Machine
Receiving Faxes Automatically (Auto Answer)
Selecting Fax Communication Settings
Printing Fax Reports