My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
If you're printing from a Windows computer, try the following:
- Make sure you selected the correct printer in the application you're printing from.
- Cancel any pending print jobs from your computer.
- If the printer is connected to a computer or network with a USB or Ethernet cable, check the following:
- Make sure the cable meets the requirements.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn off the product, check that the USB or Ethernet cable is securely connected, turn the printer back on, then try printing again.
- Try using a different cable.
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Print Layout Options - Windows
Selecting Page Setup Settings - Mac OS X
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X
Published: Sep 20, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!