I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions for your problem type below.
Paper Feeding Problems
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed correctly, remove and reload it against the right side of the cassette and adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Published: Jan 23, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!